Terms and conditions
This Website is run by Silverwings Medical Informatics Nigeria Limited and Silverwings IT Solutions Ltd (referred to below as “we”, “us” or “our”).
MyMedicalBank (MMB) is a trading name used by Silverwings Medical Informatics Ltd RC 1367110 in Nigeria and Silverwings IT Solutions Ltd Reg. No. 8907996 in the UK.
Accessing the Website
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access our Website (including, having access to an internet connection and an appropriate browser).
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (as set out below).
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar request (commonly known as ‘spam’).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
The Website contains content generated by our users, by us (or on our behalf by medical authors). The content on our Website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not meant to be advice on which you should rely. In particular, the Website (and the information which may be accessed through it) is not a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified doctor or other healthcare professionals. If you are not a healthcare professional then you should ALWAYS check with your doctor if you have any concerns about your condition or treatment and before taking, or not taking, any action on the basis of the content on our Website. If you are a healthcare professional then this information (including any professional reference material) is intended to support, not replace, your own knowledge, experience and judgement.
Many of the professionally authored links from the Website and the Discussion Forum are from reputable institutions and the content contained within can be a valuable source of information. However, not all medical resources on the internet are authoritative or current. Any decision about your health or medical care based solely on information obtained from the internet could be dangerous. Whilst we hope that you will find the third party sites linked to be of interest, we can accept no responsibility in respect of any third party web sites or any information contained therein.
The information contained in the Website (including, the Discussion Forum) may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We reserve the right to make changes and improvements to any information contained within the Website, at any time and without notice.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We also do not warrant or represent that the information or materials available through the Website will meet your particular requirements or needs or that access to, or use of, the same will be uninterrupted or completely secure.
All professionally authored links contained in Website pages should be correct at time of submission. However, we cannot be held responsible for any issues caused by subsequent changes or any failure of such links to lead to the intended information.
We do not endorse any specific products, processes, service providers, diets, or other information that may be mentioned on our Website (including, those promoted by any advertisers or advertising sponsors).
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner (or the licensee) of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may download and/or print off one copy of extracts of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may (in a non-commercial context) draw the attention of others to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not further use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us (or our licensors as appropriate).
Website and Discussion Forums - registering and contributions
Registering for an Account
The Website Discussion Forums are community sites to which you can submit details of your health experiences for display, indexing and feedback from other registered users.
If you choose to register for an account with our Website then if you select, or you are given, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our registration or security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly reset your password to something which only you know
You can retrieve, change or request that we delete the details you place with us. You will only receive emails that you have agreed to, or those relating to administration purposes. We will not provide your personal data to any third party for any commercial purposes.
You must only use the Website for lawful purposes and you must not infringe the rights of other users of this site or prevent their enjoyment of it.
If you are aged under 16, you will need to get permission from a parent or guardian before providing us with any personal details. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Discussion Forum Use
Whenever you use or visit our Website you must comply with the following standards. These standards apply to each part of any contribution you make to the Website (including the Discussion Forums) and whether you do, or so not, comply will be determined by us in our sole discretion.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
• Be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble or ‘trolling’.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
• Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Contain any sexually explicit material.
• Promote or incite any violence.
• Promote or incite any discrimination (including, that which is based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age).
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark or any other proprietary rights of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person. In particular, you may not register more than one account or create any alternative accounts.
• Give the impression that they come from us, if this is not the case.
• Given the impression that they come from a healthcare professional, if that is not the case.
• Encourage any act or activity that in our opinion could be harmful to the health or wellbeing of another user or which raises any clinical safety concerns.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act (such as, for example, copyright infringement or computer misuse).
• Be the same as, or substantially similar to, comments which you have made in other threads or areas of the forum (including, for the purposes of promoting a particular message or agenda), i.e. no “spamming” of any discussions.
• Include any advertising or be made for any commercial purpose.
Please note that all contributions must be in English (so that we can effectively moderate the Discussion Forums).
When using the Website (including the Discussion Forum):
• you may link to specific URLs (web site addresses) in your contributions where these provide relevant and appropriate background reading or information. However, you must not link to advertising or sites that might cause offense to other users of the Website. Please note that any post containing a URL may be subject to review and moderation;
• you must not use it in manner which (in our view) is intended to promote or advertise another website, product or service (including, by inviting other users to send messages directly to you). If you wish to advertise your product or service via the Website (or otherwise) then please contact us in the first instance using the contact details set out below; and
• you must not use it for any purpose which is in violation (or which is, or is likely to, cause us to be in violation) of any applicable laws or regulations.
You represent that any contribution you make to the Discussion Forums will comply with the standards set out above, and you will be liable to us and be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this representation.
For your safety we advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else on the Discussion Forums (for example: full name, telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, please advise the site administrators.
While the administrators and moderators of the Discussion Forums will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as practicable, it is not possible for us to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to the Discussion Forums express the views and opinions of the author. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not (necessarily) represent our views or values.
Suspension and termination of Discussion Forums access
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website (including the Discussion Forums).
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website (including the Discussion Forums).
• Issuing a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are examples, and we may take such other actions as we may reasonably deem appropriate.
Contributions to our Website
If you submit any contribution to this Website, including via the Discussion Forums (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio), then such content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, right to store, modify (where reasonably necessary to allow publication), copy and publish the contribution on the Website and to make it available to third parties. If you wish to keep your content confidential or do not want to grant us these rights, then please do not submit your contribution to the Discussion Forums.
Furthermore, by submitting your contribution to the Website, you warrant that you have the right to make it available to us for all the purposes specified above; it is not defamatory; it does not infringe any law or third party rights; that it has not been copied from any third party and you will be required to reimburse us in respect of all legal fees, damages and other expenses that we may incur as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Website.
Third Party Links and Resources in our Website
This Website may contain links to other websites and resources operated by third parties. These links are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites or resources and are not responsible for their availability or content.
Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the content of those sites or resources.
From time to time there may be an opportunity to get involved with various research panels (which may be generally available to anyone using the Website or which may be offered to you directly based on your indicated areas of interest).
If you are invited to take part in a research panel (and if you choose to do so) then you may be asked to respond to various questions and/or submit various pieces of information depending on the nature of the relevant research project. The precise details of each research opportunity will vary and you will be provided with the relevant information and any additional or project specific terms at the relevant time.
Linking to our Website
You may link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our Website must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact us at
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Please read this section carefully as it sets out the limits of our liability to you in relation to your use of the Website.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to you (or to any other user) for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website (regardless of the origins of such content).
Please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We use our reasonable efforts to check the accuracy of the professional information published on our Website. You should, however, note that we do not warrant that such information will be error free and you acknowledge that the information, products, and services published on this Website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information set out in our Website.
We (and/or our suppliers) make no representations about the suitability of the information, products, and services contained on this Website for any purpose.
Subject to the first paragraph under this section (Limitations of Liability), in no event shall we (or any of our suppliers or licensors) be liable to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), or otherwise, for any, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Website or with the delay or inability to use this Website, or for any information, products, and services obtained through this Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this Website, even if we, or any of our suppliers, have been advised of the possibility of such damages arising.
Subject to the first paragraph under this section (Limitations of Liability), our liability (and that of our suppliers or licensors) for any losses suffered arising out of, or in connection with, your use of this Website, whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), or otherwise is limited to the greater of: (i) the total value of the relevant transaction (if any) under which the claim arises for any one event or series of connected events, or (ii) the sum of one thousand pounds (£1,000)
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
This section does not affect any legal rights you may have as a consumer.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content to, or via, this Website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Website, and We consider such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, then We may use whatever information we have available to us about you to prevent any further such incidents from arising. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email service provider regarding any such incident(s).
We reserve the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
Collection of Personal Data
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary MMB Ltd. may also hold your name and email address details in relation to assisting us in the provision of the MyMedicalBank Forum and associated services. We shall at all times remain responsible to you for the treatment and use of data submitted via the Website which is held by MMB Ltd.
If any third parties are involved in the delivery or operation of any services that you may choose to receive then this will be detailed in the information and terms provided to you at the relevant time.
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and you should use your own, up-to-date, virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
If you are accessing this Website from outside of the United Kingdom then: (i) we make no representations that the content of this Website will be suitable for your requirements or that it is permissible or legal for you to access the same; and (ii) your use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that you act in accordance with any applicable laws.
Use of this Website is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
MyMedicalBank and the MMB logo are all UK registered trademarks of Silverwings Healthcare Ltd.
To contact us, please use the contact/feedback form or at email@example.com