Needhelpfrom a doctor

Goodday,please my child has been having recurrent cough,running nose and sneezing for and 3weeks now despite antiboitics and cough mixture.please,I need help.

​Coughs,running nose and sneezing are symptoms of Common cold.They usually make kids miserable.The symptoms are quite uncomfortable, last a long time, and can make sleep a challenge.
I feel for you and really wish I had a quick solution, but the truth is that there is no magic because common cold are caused by viruses and ANTIBIOTICS MAY NOT BE HELPFUL.
However,there are certain steps or home remedies that could be helpful:
(1)Ensure the child have warm teas or water and well covered which can help soothe symptoms.

(2) A saline nasal spray and frequent nose blowing can help if your child has a stuffy or runny nose

(3)Rub a bit of petroleum jelly (such as Vaseline) on the nose area to keep it moist

(4)Of course, plenty of rest and fluids will also be of great help for your child.

(5)Above all, it is important to consult your doctor for proper examinations.

NOTE:the best prescription for a common cold is patience. The first few days are the worst, but cold symptoms in kids can linger for two weeks, with coughing up to 4 weeks. Young kids get 6-8 colds a year on average; that’s a lot of coughing and sniffling!I know you would do anything to make your child feel better, but resist the urge to over treat with antibiotics.

Thanks doc.my family doctor said same thing.i would try to be patient and ensure she has check up with doctor from time to time.Thanks